1. Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of “Personal Information”:
- Contact Information: your first and last name, email address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: IP address, job title or position, passwords and other security information for authentication and access;
- Financial Information: credit card, debit card and bank account information;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Site and Services and which elements of our Site and Services you use the most;
- Commercial information: products purchased or viewed on our Site; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
User Data: When you submit User Data (as such term is defined under the Terms of Service) to the Platform, we may collect any additional Personal Information included in such User Data. We have no control over the categories and types of User Data you submit to the Services, and you are solely responsible for the User Data you chose to provide.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following categories of use:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Receive, process, confirm, send and track your order, subscription or registration;
- Communicate with you about your order, subscription or registration; and
- Process any subscription or registration you make to one of our Services.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, and commercial information to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic activity, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers;
- Provide you with targeted advertising;
- Run contests, promotions and sweepstakes, and
- Provide you with other information from and about our Company, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Site and Services We use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide you with the Site and Services, including to send you alerts about your account;
- Handle your customer services requests; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer the Site and the Services.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect the Site and Services, our Company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- In accordance with our DPA: Where applicable, we process any Personal Information contained in the User Data in accordance with our Data Processing Addendum, available by request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- We collect information directly from you. We collect contact and financial information directly from you. We also collect User Data directly from you.
- We collect information about you from third parties. We collect your Personal Information from third parties, such as social media sites and data co-ops. We purchase from and trade contact information, demographic information, commercial information, and internet and electronic activity with data co-ops and other third party data aggregators.
- We collect information from you passively. We collect internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Cookies and Advertising and Online Tracking sections below.
4. Categories of Third Parties We Share Personal Information With
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with our Company.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We use Google Analytics, Hotjar, and HubSpot on the Site and Services to analyze how users use the Site and Services, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
6. Advertising and Online Tracking
7. Managing Your Information Preferences
8. Be Careful When You Share Information with Others
Please be aware that whenever you share information on any public area of the Site or Services, that information may be accessed by others. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
11. Children’s Privacy
The Site and Services are intended for users who are 18 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
12. Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
13. Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights
To opt out of sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please e-mail us at email@example.com and clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number.
14. California Consumer Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA Rights”). This Section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with our Company. Note: This Section does not apply to User Data.
CCPA Rights Requests
Right to Know
You can request what Personal Information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
You can request the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
You can also request the following categories of information:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared Personal Information.
To submit a request to know, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must use “California Request to Know Information” or “California Right to Know Categories” in the subject line of your email, as appropriate. You must provide us with your first name, last name, email address, and phone number. To verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have on our systems. To designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name, email address, and phone number to email@example.com
Right to Deletion
You can also request that we delete your Personal Information. We may not delete all of your Personal Information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect and prevent data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
We will also maintain a record of your CCPA Rights requests.
Please note that if we delete your Personal Information, some of our services will not work the same. For example, your previous opt out requests will not be saved and saved preferences and information will no longer be available.
To submit a request to delete, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must use “California Request to Delete” in the subject line of your email. You must provide us with your first name, last name, email address, and phone number. To verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have on our systems. To designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name, email address, and phone number to email@example.com
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Personal Information that We Sell
We may “sell” (as sell is defined in CCPA) the following categories of Personal Information:
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California and federal law;
- Internet/electronic activity;
- Commercial information; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, preferences, behavior and attitudes.
We “sell” your Personal Information to digital advertising networks. We do not knowingly sell the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.
Right to Opt Out of Sale
California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties, as “sale” is defined under CCPA.
Currently, we participate in digital advertising networks to deliver advertising that is tailored to your interests. The participation in certain ad networks can constitute a “sale” of Personal Information under CCPA. In order to opt out of this activity, please visit optout.aboutads.info and optout.networkadvertising.org.
Please note that, otherwise, KALDEA does not presently exchange personal information for money with anyone, nor does KALDEA otherwise share personal information within the meaning of “sale”. However, if you would like to opt out of the “sale ” of your personal information as permitted under CCPA in the event we do “sell ” personal information in the future, you can do so and we will keep a record of this request.
To submit a request to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must use “California Opt Out from Sale ” in the subject line of your email and provide us with your full name and email address. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name, email address, and phone number to: To designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name, email address, and phone number to: email@example.com
You can also write to us at the address above to submit your request by mail. Include “California Opt Out from Sale” in your letter and provide us with your full name and email address.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
We offer various financial incentives. The terms of the financial incentive will be presented to you at the time you sign up. You may withdraw from any of the financial incentives by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by unsubscribing to our email marketing by vising our website. The value of your data is the value of the offer presented to you. We have calculated the value of the incentive by using the expense related to the offer.
16. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com.